For member districts, the ESC of the Western Reserve provides leadership, consultation and support for the design, implementation, evaluation and coordination of district gifted and talented services and programs through a Gifted Coordinator.
Our mission is to promote and support districts in providing a continuum of high quality services for gifted and talented students throughout their K-12 educational experience.
WE WILL PROVIDE THIS SUPPORT THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES:
- Review and revision of policy and procedures for gifted identification and service
- Program development and service options based on district gifted population and needs
- Collaboration with school staff concerning student acceleration and testing procedures
- Assistance with EMIS data reporting and Gifted Self-Reports for ODE
- Provide curriculum support to teachers through best practices for gifted learners, including strategies to differentiate instruction
- Facilitate professional development that address the unique needs of the district
- Serve as liaison between state and school district in regards to policies and legislation
- Conduct program evaluation and needs analysis for instructional planning
- Assistance with the development of Written Education Plans for gifted students
- Communicate to teachers, parents, and administration the needs and rights of gifted students
- Consult with teachers, parents, and administration about gifted education