Ohio’s new evaluation system is built on the fact that no one single measure can determine if a teacher is effective. We use a balanced approach that blends observations by trained educators and many data points. Value-Added is one source of information that we incorporate into our teacher evaluation system.
Value-added analysis is a statistical method that helps educators measure the impact schools and teachers have on students’ academic progress rates from year to year. All Value-Added measures are not the same. In fact, Value-Added measures differ from state to state. Ohio has been careful to select a Value-Added measure that provides educators with information on how they can use data to focus instruction.
Because many teachers in Ohio began using Value-Added years before it was incorporated into the teacher evaluation system, Ohio has laid a firm foundation that supports using this Value-Added information for professional learning and supporting students.
- Understanding Basic Descriptive Statistics
- Reviewing Value-Added Data Concepts
- Introducing Value-Added Progress Measures
- Introducing Value-Added Reports School Effectiveness
- Logging In, Examining the Home Page, and Navigating Value-Added Reports Providing Access to Value-Added Reports (For School Administration)
- Performing Searches and Creating Custom Reports
- Interpreting Teacher-Level Value-Added Reports