Who: Gifted Coordinators & Gifted Teachers
What: Collaboration can lead to better student outcomes, support for instruction, and general collegiality. Please join our ESC of the Western Reserve Gifted Education Network in collaboration with Summit ESC as we work together to share ideas and successful strategies of high effect size, act as a sounding-board for each other, stay up to date on ODE and Ohio happenings, and support each other with instructional implementation. Monthly meetings will be a time to connect with others and share your experiences. Learn Inquiry processes and Inquiry Step Back Consultancy processes in order to help support and problem-solve ideas other district colleagues are struggling with.
Topic: Social and Emotional Learning and Gifted Students
When & Where: January 20, 1:00 PM- 3:30 PM; ESCWR- Room 116
Facilitator: Derek Hatcher
This Gifted Network has been approved as a Lake Erie College Wraparound Course!!
Lake Erie College (LEC Wrap-Around Courses are "customized" courses created around professional development (PD) activities conducted at the school district, school building, or individual level. The foundations of many of the courses originate with professional work conducted during all-day PD experiences at the district level and/or the year-long work of professional learning communities. Wrap-Around options include:
- Independent Study
- $140 per graduate semester hour
"Homework" required for credit:
- a log documenting the number of hours put in completing the coursework
- a minimum of three pages of reflection on what was learned from the experience, and
- a "product" created for application in the classroom, building, and/or district.
General Procedure for the Wrap-Around Program:
- ESC of the Western Reserve/LEC provides on-line registration information
- Interested professionals register and pay tuition.
- Course is completed when "homework" is turned in by pre-determined deadline.
- Instructor of Record (Mary Balmford) grades the homework "pass/fail."
- Grade is posted on LEC portal.
- LEC mails official transcript to home address within one business week of grade posting for those who completed the course requirements and earned a passing grade.
IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS: PLEASE READ!
Here is the information for registering for the wraparounds offered through Lake Erie College
Gifted Inquiry Course # ED7203W
Below are directions to follow. Registration is open immediately.
Students are required to submit the form with a physical signature or digital signature.
- Download the Form. Save to your computer.
- Download a free copy of Adobe Reader if needed HERE.
- Create a digital signature, review how to create it HERE.
- After signing, SAVE adding your Name to the file name.
- Return to [email protected]